- The administrator can customize the MPESA Instructions to be displayed to the client during checkout.
- Easy to install and configure the gateway
- Ability to enable or disable the gateway using a checkbox
- Real time processing of MPESA transactions to your web server
- Display the procedure of paying using Lipa na MPESA
- Ability to create an order with more than one MPESA transaction.
- Allow placing of orders only when full payments have been made.
- You can enable / disable STK Push / Express MPESA Checkout
How it works - Paybill and Till Numbers
With STK Push Enabled
At the checkout page, the client clicks on “Complete Payment” button. This send a request to MPESA system indicting the amount to be paid by the client, the clients phone number and your pay bill or till number. The request is processed and a push notification is send to the clients phone number with a prompt to enter MPESA PIN only.
On completing the payment from the phone number, your website redirected the client to the next page which display the order details and payment details.
With STK Push Disabled
A client is presented with instructions on how to pay using MPESA from the checkout page. When a client makes payments to your MPESA Till or Pay Bill Number, a confirmation request is send to your web server.
- Kenpesa Payment Gateway decodes and processes the posted data and saves the data into your database
- The client keys in Transaction Code received from MPESA and clicks on “Verify Payment and Place Order“
- The system looks up for transactions originating from the Clients Phone that have not been used and sums up the amount. If the total sum is less that the order total, the client is notified and asked to top up the difference.
- When the paid amount is enough to fully settle the order, the order is placed and all used transactions closed to avoid further use of the transactions
Frequently Asked Questions
Little of questions that we got asked frequently
Can Kenpesa Gateway support Till Numbers?
Our Woocommerce MPESA Integration supports MPESA Till numbers as well as Paybill Numbers.
How fast can the gateway process the MPESA Payments?
Since the migration of our gateway from MPESA IPN to MPESA API, we have noted great improves including speed of processing. The gateway processes the requests almost instantly.
I'm using a Till Number issued Kopokopo, can I integrate?
Yes, the Woocommerce Payment gateway integrates with Kokokopo API without affecting your operations in your account.
Is the Kenpesa Gateway using the MPESA API?
Yes, the Woocommerce MPESA Integration is using the MPESA API to process payments from your MPESA Account.
Does this gateway support other software other than Woocommerce?
Yes, we have created a payment gateway for WHMCS, a client management and billing software for Web Hosting companies. We have alse created sample codes that we share with PHP web developers to enable them add the MPESA integration in to their web based applications.